We appreciate that this is an anxious time, making the decision whether you would like your child to attend Activity Day Camps this Summer.
We want to share with you a number of measures that we will be introducing to our Activity Day Camps this Summer to keep everyone as safe as possible.
What measure we are taking to minimise the risk of infection and keep your child safe
- There will be a designated drop off and collection point outside the Activity Day Camp, parents and visitors will not be permitted to enter the building. Staff will be wearing face masks on drop off and collection of children.
- Temperature checks of all staff and children will be taken on arrival to the Activity Day Camp and handwashing will take place on entry as well as throughout the day.
- Children will be organised into bubble groups no more than 15 children, where possible these groups will not mix during the day with other bubble groups.
- Layouts of our classrooms will be considered to support bubble groups of children.
- There will be allocated times for each bubble group to spend outdoors and equipment will be cleaned in between groups.
- All staff will receive up to date training in managing infection control and preventing the risk of Coronavirus.
- No trips out into the local community will be taking place until future notice
- We will have an enhanced cleaning schedule to ensure that all equipment and resources are cleaned regularly including touch points and bathroom areas.
- All soft furnishing and rugs will be removed from our classrooms to prevent the risk of infection.
- If a child or staff member becomes unwell with symptoms in the Activity Day Camp they will be sent home and asked to take a test in line with the government guidelines. Staff will wear PPE whilst waiting for a child to be collected and the area will be thoroughly cleaned prior to reopening.
What can parents do to help minimise the risk of infection and keep their child safe:
- We ask that only parents and children who are symptom free attend the Activity Day Camp, If your child or someone in your household displays any symptoms of Coronavirus please notify the Manager by telephone, stay at home and isolate in line with the government guidelines
- If you have been tested for Covid 19 please await your result before attending the setting with your children
- Please can we ask that where possible only 1 parent is to drop off and collect your child to support with social distancing.
- We ask that where possible that parents and children walk or cycle to the Activity Day Camp or children to be dropped off by a member of their household in a private vehicle rather than taking public transport
- Please keep to social distancing rules, this includes keeping 2 meter distance from staff, other children, and other parents/carers. Entrances to our Activity Day Camps will be clearly signposted
- Please ensure that your child only attends one Activity Day Camp throughout the summer to ensure consistency in line with government guidelines
- Please provide your child with a named water bottle to have whilst attending the Activity Day Camp
If you have any further queries regarding the measures that we are introducing please contact email@example.com