Changes Implemented at Your Nursery Due to Covid-19
The Kids Play Childcare philosophy has always been based around nature-based play and providing access to the outdoors for the health and welfare of all our children and staff.
We appreciate that this is an anxious time, making the decision whether you would like your child should go back to Nursery or even start Nursery for the first time.
We want to share with you the measures that we at Kids Play have been implementing that follow government guidance.
These will be rolled out from 1st June 2020 when our Nurseries and Pre-Schools reopen, enabling us to minimise the risk of infection for the safety of all our staff and children.
What measures we are taking to minimise the risk of infection and keep your child safe.
- There will be designated drop off and collection points outside the setting, parents and visitors will not be permitted to enter the setting. Staff will be wearing face masks on drop off and collection of children.
- Temperature checks of all staff and children will be taken on arrival to the setting and handwashing will take place on entry as well as throughout the day.
- Children will be organised into designated rooms, where possible children will not mix during the day with other rooms.
- Layouts of our classrooms will be considered to support smaller ‘bubble’ groups of children.
- There will be allocated times for ‘bubble’ groups to be outside and equipment will be cleaned in between groups.
- All staff will receive up to date training in managing infection control and preventing the risk of Coronavirus.
- No outings away from the setting into the local community will take place until further notice
- We will have an enhanced cleaning schedule to ensure that all equipment and resources are cleaned regularly including reception areas, touch points and bathroom areas.
- All soft furnishing, soft toys and rugs will be removed from our classrooms to prevent the risk of infection.
- If a child or staff member becomes unwell with symptoms in the setting they will be sent home and asked to isolate in line with the government guidelines. Staff will wear PPE whilst waiting for a child to be collected and the area will be thoroughly cleaned prior to reopening.
- We are now using a fogging machine in our childcare rooms that will provide a further level of infection control against Coronavirus.
- We are pleased to confirm staff are being tested twice a week, using Lateral flow tests.
- Any children who are required to isolate and have a sibling in the setting, they too will be required isolate to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
What can parents do to help minimise the risk of infection and keep their child safe:
- We ask that only parents and children who are symptom free attend the setting, If your child or someone in your household displays any symptoms of Coronavirus please notify the Manager by telephone, stay at home and isolate in line with the government guidelines
- If you have been tested for Covid 19 please await your result before attending the setting with your children
- Please keep to social distancing rules, this includes keeping 2 meters distance from staff, other children, and other parents/carers.
- Please can we ask that where possible only 1 parent is to drop off and collect your child to support with social distancing outside of the setting.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to store any buggies, car seats or children’s scooters inside the setting and these will need to be stored at home or in our outside designated area
- Please do not bring in toys from home, this will help us to minimise any risk of infection. If your child does have a comforter to support their wellbeing this is fine, however we do ask if it can be cleaned daily.
- We ask that parents wear face masks on drop off and collection times.
Our teams are looking forward to seeing all our children return, however, if parents are not yet ready to return their children to Nursery, no fees will be incurred to hold their space.
For more information or to discuss your child’s return to Nursery or Pre-School, please contact us or your Nursery Manager.
If you wish to enquire about joining our Nurseries, please use our search tool to find your nearest nursery, complete our enquiry form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
At Kids Play Childcare, we take great pride in our OFSTED results, to access the reports of one of our nurseries you can either click on the link within each nursery page or click here to learn more. Our commitment to providing the best childcare and education means that many nurseries in our group have achieved ‘Outstanding’ results.